Wednesday, December 7, 2011

sleeping remedies

Can anyone recommend good sleeping remedies that can be bought over here in the UK?



I fly to Goa soon departing at 2.55 arriving 6am Goa time. I am a nervous when flying which stops me sleeping, which is crazy considering I have flew probably over 50 times. I really want to enjoy my first day so would help if I could catch some zzzzzz on the way there. Plus other half could sleep soundly up a tree so will spend much of the flight with him drooling on my shoulder leaving me with no one to talk to and getting myself worked up.





If anyone could recommend something I can buy here prior to going, I would be really grateful.





Laura



-x-



sleeping remedies


Try Nytol, can buy them over the counter and think they do extra strength.



sleeping remedies


Nytol once a night are very effective, not suitable for regular use, but great for travel. I am a nurse who works nights i always use it for long journeys/occasional nights (when there is excessive noise)it is available over the counter about 拢4.80 i dont find the herbal type of nytol are so effective



Melatonin i have heard are also good but only available via internet




I use melatonin, but get friends in the states to buy it for me there. Otherwise I%26#39;ve used Nytol as well and found it quite effective. Because I have problems with my neck I take Syndol from time to time and that knocks me out cold, but I wouldn%26#39;t recommend it as a regular sleeping aid.




Melatonin works ok, but as mentioned above you can buy OTC in the US, but not in the UK.





-





Slightly OT, but is it possible to by generic drugs freely in India?





I have bought generic Ambien (which is a sleeping pill I take whilst travelling) online and it ships from Mumbai. Just wondered if you can walk into a pharmacy in India and stock up on some ambien, valium, etc.!!





Tim




I bought Diazepan in Goa, and another good sleeping pill. Zop... something or other. Had a lovely nights sleep




Oh yes that would be Zoldipem tartrate which is the generic name for the Ambien drug I was talking about. It works really well for getting a nap on planes etc.




how about a nice bottle of red wine LOL!;o)



nickie




Forget the sleeping tablets, just relax back in your seat and think of the hot sunny weather, the fantastic food, the amazingly friendly people, all the wonderful trips you are going to do, the cheap shopping, have a couple of drinks and before you know it you will have arrived at Goa ready for the first day of your holiday!!




Melatonin is useful for jet lag. Its actually the ';sleep hormone'; which is produced by your own body. I have bought it in the US and it really does work for me. A good trick is to set your watch on to destination time as soon as you board the aircraft. I don%26#39;t think taking benzodiazepines without a doctors prescription is a good idea, as these drugs are liable to misuse, especially diazepam (valium) and dependency.




Bronia - how many melatonin do you take and when [I mean how long before you fly]. I bought some in States but have lost dosage chart. thanks

1 comment: