Monday, December 12, 2011

Family Prescription

We%26#39;re off in four weeks and I%26#39;m sorting out our malaria tablets. I%26#39;m looking to get Proguanil and chloroquine and was going to get them from a friend who works for the prescription service and gets a staff discount but when my husband was having his jabs at the travel clinic on Friday, the nurse said that as we are all at the same doctors we could get a family prescription. Men being men he didn%26#39;t ask any details ie. cost etc.

I%26#39;m going to get onto them tomorrow, but I was wondering if anyone had any experience of this.

Family Prescription

hi

we%26#39;re off in 3 weeks can%26#39;t wait.

i was told that you can%26#39;t get proguanil and chloroquine on perscription, but you can get malarone on a private perscription they work out about £2 per tablet not sure how long you take them for,

proguanil and chloroquine is avalible from most chemists boots £17.99 7 week pack, or you can buy them on line approx £12.50 travelpharm i think?

got mine in tesco pharmacy £15.50 a pack for 7 weeks hope this helps

nickie

Family Prescription

That%26#39;s perhaps why the nurse (a different one), didn%26#39;t mention it to me when I went with the children two weeks ago for our jabs. We discussed what tablets I intended to take so perhaps as it wasn%26#39;t Malerone she didn%26#39;t go into it further.

I%26#39;ve just looked at the Travelpharm website and as you say £12.60 for a course, that sounds quite good.

Thanks for your help.


They are non-prescription drugs and the NHS wont pay for them normally, unless you have another medical reason for taking them I guess.


Just got back from Goa, took Proguanil and Chloroquine for a week before I went and had to stop taking them the first week I was away, having Bad Illusinations, Just hope I will be ok, did buy one a week while in Goa, will take them next time i go, anybody had the same experience. Cheers Jane


I didn%26#39;t get the hallucinations but they made me sick and dizzy.


were you taking them with food and what time of day sorry to be nosey but we have to take these in 2 weeks including children thanks


jane%26amp;liz1

were you taking them with food and what time of day? sorry to be nosey but we have to take these in 2 weeks including children just wondering the best way to do it in the morning with breakfast or evening meal?

thanks nickie


n22cke - I%26#39;ve taken them twice and will be again in a couple of weeks. I always took them with evening meal and had no problems whatsover.

theworldsmyoyster - my doctor told me prior to our first visit that you can%26#39;t get P %26amp; C on prescription. They%26#39;re cheap enough to buy anyway. Travelpharm do them for £12.60 each for 7 weeks supply (2 week holiday) with free delivery.


n22nce , We took the Tablets with our evening meal,but still made us feel bad, The bad dreams Ect,We were just unlucky they didn%26#39;t agree with us, we had the same problem last year. We will try the 1 a week next time,everybody reacts different, we were just unlucky. Jane.

  • engine oil
  • low disk space
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment