Monday, December 12, 2011

Charter flights

In the past the longest trip you could take to Goa with a charter flight was 4 weeks but I heard this was going to be changed. Does anyone know if there have been any changes?



Charter flights


One thing i have noticed, it%26#39;s much more difficult to get a 4 week holiday for winter 2008/9 a lot of companies seem to have taken them off .



But yes 4 weeks is the maximum.





ian......



Charter flights


Teletext page 181 Coop selling 35 nt B%26amp;B in Nov so it may be worth phoning them to see if they offer longer. www.holidaysbeyond.co.uk. I did also hear that the 4 weeks trip was going to be changed.




If you want longer that 28 days you are supposed to (Indian legislation) go through another Indian city such as Mumbai or New Dehli, which can often work out to be a cheaper option too Wev%26#39;e done it on numerous occassions when we were luck enough to go for longer



Good luck



Lyn x




hi somak travel in the uk are doing flights up to 56 days, and i have booke dwith them before ok compamy, upmarket company. try them




I just flew to Goa via Mumbai. We went London-Mumbai on Air India and Mumbai-Goa on Spicejet. I just wanted to say that I will never, ever, ever fly charter to India again. The flights are so much more flexible in terms of days to fly and are just so much more relaxing with the extra leg room. The flight going over was a third empty and I got three whole seats to lay down and sleep on. Bliss.




Oh, forgot to say. We booked with Southall Travel and they were the cheapest I found.




Totally agree with you Heidi, scheduled is a far nicer way of getting there, but people are lazy and just want to get from A2B as quickly as possible, hence the popularity of charter flights.



cheers Lyn




I been many times by charter and never been able to book for longer than 28 days.





Last March I flew Heathrow - Mumbai by Virgin and then Spice Jet to Goa. The price was about the same overall as a direct charter but I needed to stay overnight in Mumbai as the flights didn%26#39;t synchronise. That makes it a long trip but as others have said there is no comparison travelling scheduled





Even cheaper is Qatar from Manchester - Delhi with a change in Doha




Hello Goanluv,



It really isn%26#39;t a question of being lazy. We have been travelling to Goa for many years, flying through Mumbai, Delhi and Dubai. Sometimes we fly straight through, other times we stop off for a few days en-route. This year we flew to Dubai with Etihad airlines, spent a few days there and then flew with Sri Lankan airlines via Columbo to Goa. The reason I asked about the charter flights is that my husband isn%26#39;t getting any younger and finds some of the flights very tiring. If we could do a straight through charter flight it would cut the journey time by quite alot. I totally agree with you that the scheduled flights are alot more comfortable and the food is so much better but sometimes a quicker journey, which is so in my husbands case, is much more preferable. Last time we travelled on scheduled without stopping, our whole journey time was 26 hours, on a charter flight we could do it in 16 hours.




Stephquig - I didn%26#39;t mean to imply you were lazy I thought I had said people meaning in general. sorry if I caused offence.



I also agree with you on the time scale. Its far more convenient to fly direct but its a matter of balancing up everyones preferences and needs.



Roll on the day schedule flights are allowed in direct to Goa I say.



cheers and have a good holiday

No comments:

Post a Comment