Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Casmere/Pashminas - one for the girls!

Hi there!



Can anyone tell me if it%26#39;s possible to buy Pashminas in Goa and how much I should expect to pay please?



Casmere/Pashminas - one for the girls!


Woops! That should read Cashmere!



Casmere/Pashminas - one for the girls!


Yes there are loads to choose from, I bought one a couple of years ago, it%26#39;s very soft and silky with a sparkly fringe and I paid 200 rupees for it.





DebyC




Plain ones can be bought for 60-80 rupees (depends how good you are at haggling) and more decorative ones between 100-200 rupees.




If you want hugely expensive, but absolutely beautiful cashmere pashminas, you still have to pay a lot of money in Goa. There were some fabulous ones in the Saga store in Cavelossim - the sort that fit through a wedding ring, but from memory, they were about 8800 rupees. I didn%26#39;t buy one.




If anyone thinks they are getting a real pashmina for 200Rs or less , they are mistaken , but still nice for the price .




OK - lots to think about then! I think I%26#39;ll treat myself. Thanks everyone.




I think if you look in some of the jewellery shops they stock the more expensive pashmina%26#39;s. I am sure I have seen some lovely ones around and about. Good luck in finding them.




The genuine shawls which fit through a wedding ring are called shatoosh I think, and cost literally thousands of pounds. They are from a protected species and are protected by law over most of the world. It is unlikely that these would ever surface in Goa.




You should pay for a good pashmina not less than 150 dollars instead the shatosh not less than 1500 dollars!!! There%26#39;s a shop called Kashmir house that sells tons of shawls and other cashemere made items....the quality is ok but anyway Goa is definitely not the right place to buy pashmina



Alfama




I got a proper cashmere one for my Mum and it was £12.00.





but the cheap ones are really nice too.

No comments:

Post a Comment