Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Accommodation in Mcleodganj

I%26#39;ve just read some pretty scary reviews of the hotels in Dharamsala, including the one that my agent recommended and which looked really nice in the description. Which of the hotels listed in Trip Advisor for Dharamsala are in Mcleodganj and/or easily accessible to the Tibetan area? My wife and I are coming in April. We%26#39;re in our 60s and don%26#39;t want to rough it if we don%26#39;t have to. Any advice is most welcome.



Accommodation in Mcleodganj


I am staying in a place that is listed on this site that I think it one of the best places to stay. Its called Vidya Nivas. take a look



Accommodation in Mcleodganj


Thank you for this. The reviews look very good. I%26#39;ll follow it through.





Krungsri






My wife and I recently stayed at the Asian Plaza hotel in McCleod ganj. We had a very comfortable room with a balcony looking onto the pine-forested mountains beyond. In the mornings we usually had breakfast on the terrace a floor above which had an even better panoramic view of the surrounding mountains. An excellent hotel to stay at we thought, and a lot better than I expected from the descriptions I read on the internet and in the Lonely planet guide.



It is located in the centre of McCleod over-looking the main square and about an 8 minute walk from the Dalai Lama%26#39;s temple at the bottom of Temple rd. It is also opposite our favourite restaurant, the McClo.



The only problem we had was on our second last night there when the water in the bathroom seized up! This problem was fixed the following morning.



I hope you enjoy your Dharamsala holiday as much as we did ( I too am in my late 60s!).





Asian Plaza hotel: www.asianplazahotel.com



e-mail: asiaplaza@123himachal.com




Thank you. It sounds very nice. I actually have booked accommodation since my original posting, but I have mixed feelings about it, whether to cancel or take the chance. The hotel is the Surya Resort and it has some pretty bad reviews. I know people have different experiences of hotels and time changes things, but am pleased to have some options. Your advice is most helpful.





Krungsri


  • oily skin
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment