Wednesday, December 7, 2011

chicken &egg??

Trying to organise holiday next Feb with some relatives. We want to go to a specific villa so need to book early. They require a deposit but looking at flight prices they are coming out at £550 for half term week.Do we risk the deposit and hope we can get a cheaper flight? Does anyone else have experience of this ? HELP PLEASE !!!



chicken %26amp;egg??


I don%26#39;t have direct experience of this, but that doesn%26#39;t sound bad to me for half term week. Is that with charter flights, or scheduled? I seem to remember that Jet Air worked out at about that when I was looking earlier in the year.



chicken %26amp;egg??


I agree with LGG, half term is always going to be more expensive and £550 is fairly reasonable. One week or two works out at about the same price.





It depends on whether you want to gamble the deposit on the chance of something cheaper nearer to the time. If it helps, there are a lot less tourists there than usual at the moment so they may drop the price to get bums on seats.




We always have to go in school hols, last time we got a charter flight for about that price and it was about 12 months in advance. Because I thought it was expensive I kept checking the prices to see if we could have got it cheaper by booking it later. It didn%26#39;t make any difference, they never got any cheaper even up till the day before. So my advice would be to book it.




I prefer chicken.





Have they started playing football in your neighbourhood yet ?:o)




Thanks for allyour replies, I don%26#39;t think half term is the problem as flights for Dec and Jan are all coming up at the same price.




Geoff, we shall see tomorrow. Still in sdvance we have the excuse of a cup hangover......Oops I forgot you wouldn%26#39;t know that feeling !!!!!!!!!!






We do the same as you are planning to do, each time we visit Goa. We prefer the freedom of renting an apartment/villa, and book flights separately. However, this is seldom the cheapest option. I agree with the others that £550 isn%26#39;t bad for a flight. Chances are if you tried in January 09 you would probably get something a bit cheaper, but do you want to take that risk? Flights leaving in a week%26#39;s time are around £350, but it%26#39;s a bit dodgy to leave it so late.





You could get a cheaper package (2 star), but think about what you%26#39;re getting instead - a lovely villa of your choice to live in! Personally, I think it%26#39;s worth the extra.

No comments:

Post a Comment