Sunday, March 28, 2010

Travel ideas around Bangalore in late May

I will be finishing with a job in India in Bangalore on May 25 and am thinking about spending about a week after that for some sightseeing. My concern is about the weather at that time of year - I don%26#39;t want to go anywhere that it%26#39;ll be really hot. This is my second trip to India, and on my previous trip (Oct-Nov 2006) I did Mumbai, Delhi, Jaipur, Agra, Ranthambore, Jodhpur and Jaisalmer.





I%26#39;m generally a mid-range to budget traveller, and I%26#39;m happy to take the train, though I%26#39;m not a fan of long distance bus trips. Any ideas would be most appreciated.





Thanks,



Ros.



Travel ideas around Bangalore in late May


Oh bangalore has loads of options!





If you%26#39;d rather avoid the heat, try any of the hilly areas around Bangalore -





Chikmagalur



Coonoor



Yercaud



The Nilgiris





Then of course there are the regular ones like Ooty and Kodaikanal.





All of these are between 3-6 hours away from Bangalore. If you%26#39;re a mid-range Traveller there are lovely estate stays in Chikmagalur. I would recommend staying in any of them.



Travel ideas around Bangalore in late May


End-May is going to be fairly warm. Your options could be to check out a game sanctuary for wildlife, a hill station(avoid Ooty-its far too crowded)

No comments:

Post a Comment