Tuesday, March 30, 2010

exchange rate

should we take cash with us and exchange money when we are there?or is it safe to use the atm manchine?





what is the exchange at the moment?



exchange rate


Hi





Was 81.30 yesterday Saturday 15th on the street in Calangute at 1130.



exchange rate


You take a chance with cash as always. I prefer cash as I know the hotel I am staying in is perfectly safe.Check on forums like this to see if hotels have problems with theft(with respect!!).




It is perfectly safe to use the ATM machines, we do it all the time. We are going for the 8th time at the end of April and use our Nationwide flex card.




One thing I noticed on another forum was to advise your Bank that you are travelling. I phoned my Bank and they informed me that it is required that a %26#39;flag marker%26#39; be placed on my account otherwise I wouldn%26#39;t have been able to use my card in Goa.





Maybe your Bank aren%26#39;t the same, but i%26#39;m glad I phoned them to check otherwise i%26#39;d be well stuck.





Don%26#39;t know if i%26#39;m allowed to mention the Bank, but it was Barclays!





It took no more than 2 minutes, and guess what, I had the pleasure of speaking with a very nice lady in India, she was well chuffed I was coming over there.......




Same with Lloyds.

No comments:

Post a Comment