Sunday, March 28, 2010

Shopping! Sarongs and Kaftans

Hi, am going to Goa in a couple of weeks and am starting to think about my holiday waldrobe!





Thinking I will be spening alot of time in sarongs and kaftan type things to wear over bikinis. Could anyone tell me if these can be bought there? Do they sell lots of this type of thing at the markets? I know they sell pashminas and things.





Just think no point in buying lots here if they do nice ones there. Any info on shopping much appreciated.



Shopping! Sarongs and Kaftans


You will be spoilt for choice. There are loads. You can also buy lovely flip flops etc, very pretty in lots of colours but you have to haggle or you will get ripped off. A sarong should be between 100 and 200 rps depending on the quality. For flip flops about 200 to 300rps again depending on the quality. I bought quite a few pairs this year for me and my daughter. Most were 250. An extra special pair I bought were 350.



Shopping! Sarongs and Kaftans


Lots of the beach sellers sell sarongs so you don%26#39;t have to go very far to find a good selection. I bought a couple the last time I was there and brought some back for presents.






being a bit cynical here, but kaftans and flipflops £3 and £4 in Primark, and no hassle!!!!




But the flip-flops in Goa are unlike anything you%26#39;d get in Primark. They are alot more detailed and pretty. Had so many comments on mine last year and friends have asked me to get some for them too.




I agree with you meerkat. I have never seen any flip flops in Primark remotely like the ones in Goa. They are as you say so pretty and there are so many colours and styles to choose from.




And that goes for sarongs too.




I have bought kaftans for 99rupees in Calangute.




hi



do they sell kaftans for kids? as these would be great to bring home,





thanks



nickie




n22cke, I haven%26#39;t seen any in the shops but I am sure you could get them made very cheaply at a tailors.




hi minnie and meerkat where did you buy the flip flops from on the beach markets or shops. thanx Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment