Tuesday, March 30, 2010

ladies take care

Just back





myself and the other half hade two lovely weeks in goa, But would not go back to the north it has changed so much since we where there last, The food is still great the service as good as ever,But we found we where allways trveling to get to what i call pease and R AND R ,wWe visited the south for a few days and i would say if we went back to goa again we would base ourselfs there.



Idont want to talk to much adout the terrible death of the young girl, im sure it has been covered enougth but the one thing i would say is that the young men in goa are now a differnt bread ,we found ourselfs helping two girls that where being bothered in such away that i found over the top so all you singles out there traveling to goa be carefull this is not negative just my view



ladies take care


have to agree with you, I was on my own the first week before I met up with my boyfriend. You do tend to get alot of hassle and comments which I could understand as I know Hindi very well, very unpleasant and in some instances totally disgusting words.



It hasn%26#39;t stopped me going again but it%26#39;s a case of guys not understanding the meaning of leaving you alone however much you say it.



The good thing is like yourself their are nice people that are helpful, goans included in these instances.



ladies take care


I also agree. I was there alone last month and going again next week. I had a good holiday and do take all the usual precautions as a female alone but sometimes it was a case of enough is enough with some of the local guys. The majority were very nice about it but I did have an issue with one young local guy that was a bit unnerving. Turned out to be a bit of a misunderstanding and it got sorted but not nice when you%26#39;re alone.



That said, the majority of young guys in Goa were and are decent people and there were many more prepared to look out for me rather than hassle me. Hasn%26#39;t put me off going but it doesn%26#39;t hurt to be wary either.




hi buncy77 i think you have just made my mind up for myself and hubby.we were undecided as wether to go back to candolim next year or to go back down south.i think with what you said it will be the south.it%26#39;s a shame as we made some lovely friends in candolim but will just have a couple days out to go and see them.bet the south will be a lot busier now.barbara




This is quite scary as I regularly walked along Mobor beach on my own, twice walking all the way from Cavelossim to Benaulim and in parts the beach was deserted. Although I would never walk along the beach at night on my own I love walking and to me one of the attractions of south Goa is that you can walk along the beach for miles. I was once approached by a young man asking if I wanted to have s£x with him but he was very polite and walked off when I said no - I never felt threatened. It%26#39;s coming to something when it%26#39;s no longer safe to walk along the beach in daylight.




from mary





I did not put this post on to scare peaple but it seems that what iv seen in goa , north and south is what is the truth i would not go to goa as a women on my own im lucky i have a other half that is allways there for me as i love sun sets and i allways take his advice, its a shame as i stated in my post, I just think the younge men off all over the world have changed , years ago women where safe to be free not any more and its not just goa iv been all over the world and you just need to be more street wise , what a same , that we carnt be free to enjoy the sigths of the world, dont let this put you off but as i said before KEEP SAFE YOURS MARY




From my last vist in the first week i had more hassle as i wa a female on my own. On one occasion i had this guy mumblingf which i couldnt understand in the end i got pissed of maybe yeh i was brave cus it was daylight to ask him what his prboblem was and he said to cover myself up. I%26#39;m asian and bought up old fashioned way so on holiday on my own i,m not really gonna be showing Anything, i was gobsmacked, as i walked on looked back the idiot was waving at me. I was worried then as i might bump into him what to where, i decided to ignore him.





Now the second week when i met my partner now that a different story, got no hassle, even as you walking towards the calungute stairs people re telling others to shut up cus though you walking on your own your with someone, that made a difference.





Though it embrasses me to admit during the first week when i was on my own i was in Mambo%26#39;s. had this idiot of a guy with specs in my face for good hour, god they dont undestand the word get lost. Anyway my patience went at some stage and i pushed him. My god it was like pushing a stack of cards with him many went with him. he was thrown out the club, he was a idiot type of guy not narsd nock so felt bad about the way it was done. Even went outside cus if it was in england i would have felt it over that. Though saying that when he was kicked out the srecurity had a right go at me all i saw was them pointing fingers at me had no clue what they were saying.



I was lucky their was english guy their that was decent. My point is i have treavelled myself many places and im not a flirt and to get attention and be straight up and still get attention is not good. The next night I was told I was banned form Mambo%26#39;s but could go into Tito%26#39;s. I%26#39;m 35 thats embarrasing to admitin itself. Even when i go next week they can ban me but im not bothered its all these people that come from mumbai that spoil it, not always down to locals. My boyfriend knows im not a flirt and whatever happened it was due to idiots.




I think it%26#39;s all so sad the way Goa is changing. But (please this is only my opinion and I dont mean to offend anyone) I think in a way, all we travelers to Goa have almost brought this on our selfs. If maybe we were a little bit more respectful of the culture, and ways of the people we would still have the Goa we had when we all first started gong there and not the sports bars, karaokes, English pubs, topless sunbathing and so on. The beautiful India women dont strip off and go swimming, they keep themselfs covered respectfully but we lie there and bake in the sun half dressed, is it any wonder we get the unwanted attention?



I first visited India 10 years ago and what a wonderful place, and amazing people.Now I feel we the tourists are turning Goa in to Costa Del Sol. If we are quite prepared to take our shoes off and cover up going in to the wonderful temples why cant we cover up a bit more on the beaches, is a tan really worth ruining such a wonderful magical place.






Hi



Goa herald Monday 17th March.





Here is a url link to an up date on the post that was removed because I had Copied and Pasted the article.





oheraldo.in/pagedetails.asp?nid=1159%26cid=2




I think the easy availability of cheap drugs is one of the causes of this problem, as elsewhere. There is a large tourist segment that comes just for the drugs. The police ought to crack down hard on drugs, but obviously have orders from %26#39;higher up%26#39; to go easy if not turn a blind eye.





Another problem everyone should be aware of is the rampant [mis]use of ketamine hydrochloride a.k.a date rape drug. There have been many recent news reports of drinks being surreptitiously spiked, with attendant consequences. In other words, if you are having a drink at a public place or even at a private party, guard your drink with your life - literally. This is a very real problem, not just in Goa, but all over India - probably all over the world wherever such controlled substances are easily available.

No comments:

Post a Comment