Friday, April 2, 2010

Village Royale Calangute - contact details

Does anyone have any contact details for this hotel, have trawled but can%26#39;t find anything.





Thanks in advance.



Caroline



Village Royale Calangute - contact details


please don,t tell me me you are staying in this hotel its a total sh-t tip it was abandunt for 10 years iuntil some idiot bought if u can change it as soon as u get there keep ringing the rep like we did until she comes 2 moved to another hotel straight away had topay of our own back for the 1st 2 days until they sorted out the price difference we had to pay for the other hotel which was senhor angelo for which we r returning to next week for 3 weeks village royale is set in middle of the woods down a very dark unlite lane about 600mtrs long to walk to town would take u over 20mins and 30 mins to beach so do your self a real big favour change straight away if u want to no more the names steve u can drop us a line b4 1pm 01633 480882





Village Royale Calangute - contact details


Thanks Steve





No I%26#39;m not staying here. I had a friend staying here and she went on the missing list for over a week, I was supposed be be joining her as she decided to stay in Goa for another month, so I booked my flight and then.....nothing. She%26#39;s pitched up (now in hospital - don%26#39;t ask!) and I have only booked my flight so far, looking to stay in Candolim but haven%26#39;t booked anything yet.





Thanks for the heads up though:-)



Caroline




glad to hear you%26#39;ve heard from her as i noticed your post on here a few days ago asking if anyone knew her or seen her



hope shes good soon



have a good hol



nickie




I agree this hotel is the pits




This is really worrying for me. Every now and then I read really bad comments about the Village Royale (I%26#39;m staying there for two weeks in April), I voice my concern on a forum and people reassure me that it is a really friendly, lovely place to stay. I understand that it is basic (where isn%26#39;t in Goa?) but bedding and towels are changed regularly, the food is good, the staff marvellous and people are repeat visitors. I don%26#39;t understand how opinions can be so extremely opposite. Nothing I can do about it now, I guess. Will just have to see how I feel about it when we arrive. Any suggestions for where we can find another room should the VR be awful? Thanks. Jayne




Jaynie





When I finally spoke to my friend I asked her about this place and she said it was OK. Granted, her expectations weren%26#39;t that high as she%26#39;s a Goa veteran but I like my comforts which is why I didn%26#39;t go the hotel route in the end, I found a really nice private apartment to rent on www.ownersdirect.co.uk - bit late for this now but you could maybe get some contact details from there as a back up. Good luck.



Caz.




Thanks Caz, for your reassurance. If the hotel is as bad as some people say, we may wander around the Calangute/Candolim area and ask about rooms in some hotels. It kinda puts a shadow over the holiday, though. Jayne




Hi



we stayed at the vr last april for 3 weeks got a great cheapie we knew about bad reports before we went we knew it was approx a 15 min walk from the main callngute drag off the beaten track but we thought if it was that bad we%26#39;d change when we got there........we%26#39;ve been to goa on 4 other occasions so knew what to expect for a 3 star hotel in goa



apart form some minor niggles (like you get anywhere) we didnt think it was that bad a t all %26amp; spent our 3 weeks there %26amp; enjoyed it. we wouldnt pay over 500 quid for a couple of weeks there as there is better options(in our opinion) but for what we paid for our 3 weeks it was excellent value for money.



rooms typical slightly grubby whitewashed walls, hard beds, pillows like rocks, bathroom with dodgy looking gueyser for hot water but decent size %26amp; fridge in room %26amp; have to say not much between vr rooms, magnum %26amp; osborne phase 1 rooms.athing i would say is it was damned hot in april %26amp; ac would have been nice in the room at night (fans only with no a/c option at the vr) i love the heat but it was stifling on a few nights.



we wouldnt hesitate to go back there if we got another good deal. dont worry go %26amp; spend a night if you still dont fancy it look for another hotel, everybody has different expectations of places and hey who spends their holiday in a place like goa in their hotel room??? certainly not us if your are like us %26amp; use your room for showers/sleeping %26amp; keeping your gear %26amp; thats all im sure you%26#39;ll find it ok.



we dont normally eat in our hotel but as we got free meal vouchers for the vr we did on a couple of occasions %26amp; the food was brilliant - couldnt fault it!




ask for soft mattress and pillow when you get there



and they will put a softer mattress on top of the one thats on the bed this does help





SHE






Thanks millym1 and she.c, I suppose it%26#39;s a case of %26#39;different strokes for different folks%26#39;. One person hates the VR whereas another really likes it!!



I%26#39;m definitely going to go with an open mind. We%26#39;ve previously stayed in the Prazeres and the Sunshine Park in Candolim and neither of them was anything to write home about but it was just a base.



Good tip regarding the mattress!! Will definitely ask for an extra mattress (remember how my back ached last year!!! lol) Another tip I picked up on a forum was to take 2 vacuum packed pillows from Asda and use them on top of the pillows provided by the hotel. That way you know for sure that they%26#39;re clean (ie. not cuddling up to anyone elses dribble!!) then at the end of the holiday just leave them behind. Jayne

No comments:

Post a Comment