Friday, April 2, 2010

Accomodation - Margao

Hi All





I am moving to Margao for two months in April and May to intern and have a couple of questions (background, I am female, UK/US, late twenties, lived in Moscow/Karachi/Western Europe and but only been to India for maybe a month in total before, on holiday mostly in Kerala).





Accomodation - since its only two months I am reluctant to go to all the hassle of renting an apartment, but the drawback to interning is that you don%26#39;t really get paid. Can anyone suggest a niceish guesthouse, or somewhere with some charm. in Margao where I could be a semi-permanent resident for GBP 20ish/night?





I know that there are nicer places at Colva/Benaulim but am not really confident on a scooter and given that I have to get to work every day, its probably not practical to have a cab every day...





Any recommendations v. welcome.





thanks



Accomodation - Margao


I am fairly sure Margao has mainly domestic business type accomodation, Benaulim /Colva would certainly be nicer, what about catching the bus to Margao it%26#39;s straightforward and costs 7 rps



Accomodation - Margao


There%26#39;s a review here of the Youth Hostel in Margao which might be a short-term solution





thebackpacker.net/travelhostels/3056_margao_…




Thanks both of you - that is really helpful.




There%26#39;s also a large purpose built hotel similar to an Ibis hotel etc. I%26#39;ll try and remember the name of it....it might also be okay for the first couple of nights.




There%26#39;s the Nanutel - don%26#39;t know if that%26#39;s the one you%26#39;re thinking of. It%26#39;s fine, but it may be a bit expensive. Rack rate for that time of year is Rs1300 a night. As far as I know it does have a/c - I%26#39;ve only ever been in there to use the loo!!




Hi



I agree with Goanjock. If I were alone I would feel much happier in Benaulim than Margao especially at night. You can rent an apartment short term for about 10,000 rupees a month at Maria Hall which is near the bus stop and the rickshaw stand. If you let me know the name of the place you are working I will ask friends in Margao for advice if you want somewhere close by.




That%26#39;s the one LG and although it comes within Puffin%26#39;s budget I agree it is quite expensive and I sure Puffin will find far cheaper accomadation than the £20 they have budgeted.



p.s. and if you went for Benaulim as I said you could catch the bus and if you wanted back quicker then a Tuk tuk from Margao would cost 50/100 rupees depending on haggling ;-)




Goa Woodlands Hotel right in the heart of margao City,near the bus station, would be ideal and would be well under your budget.



Also you can rent an apartment in Colva for Rs.10000/- a month and a share a cab to Margao would cost you 8 rupees and only 10 mins.

No comments:

Post a Comment