Sunday, April 4, 2010

Thunder storms

Hi all,





Just checked extended weather forecast for next week and it says thunder storms, feel gutted as I go on Monday. However this was on weather.com and tried a few others that say it is mostly sunny next week.





Anyone got any info from a more local source?





Thanks,





Laura



Thunder storms


hi



Bruahy is the one to ask he gives a daily weather report see his post ';goa Tempeture'; and if you ask he%26#39;ll probably be able to tell you a local forcast we%26#39;re there in 2 weeks and 5 days hoping to see sun and alot of it ;o)



hope this helps



nickie



Thunder storms


Laura





Your post mirrors exactly what I did a couple of hours ago - I feel exactly the same as I get there on Monday too:-((





Let%26#39;s hope the weather forum%26#39;s wrong. I was in Egypt at Christmas and the weather forecast wasn%26#39;t accurate then so fingers crossed.




Cazzamoon, I have checked a few and they are all good, except that one. Still worried tho. I will keep my fingers crossed too. Gonna check again bit closer to the time as like you said, they are not always correct. I got my self worked up like this when I went to Bulgaria to find the sun cracking the flags (trying to convince my self now lol).





Where you flying from? I go from Manchester.





Laura




Cracking the flags - LOL!! A good old Northern expression (I%26#39;m from Lancs).





I fly from Gatwick - land in Goa around 6am Monday. Staying at the southern end of Calangute.




Hi, everyone,





I have been to Goa, for the last 3 years in March/April. Flying out 7th April this year and in all the times I have been I have not seen any thunderstorms or rain, it just gets hotter and hotter. Take no notice of weather, even the locals told me they never see rain etc until June. Plus when I have looked on these sites and it shows the weather for last year and some of them said clouds and rain on the dates we were there, obviously they must have got it wrong cause there was not a cloud in the sky !! Sometimes a little misty but that blew away with the nice cooling winds on the beach. Anyway hope I am not wrong X Happy hols everyone




These sites seem to change their forecasts daily - I checked them for Mexico last year and got myself worked up when one of them predicted rainstorms for a week and when we got there you could have fried an egg on those flagstones :-)




When I went in december the long term weather forecast said cloudy and rain. I was there 3 weeks and it was red hot every day and rained for one hour one night. When I went in feb it said hot and sunny and the first 4 days it was unnaturally cold and windy ! I wouldn%26#39;t take much notice. I get there next Tuesday morning and am not even looking at the weather forecast . It%26#39;ll be a great holiday no matter what and I%26#39;m pretty sure it%26#39;ll be hot.




Thanks for replies, feel much happier now.




don%26#39;t mean to be a killjoy but we were in goa 1st 2 weeks in feb and although weather was warm in the day it went chilly some nights which was nice cos it didn%26#39;t get humid. But 1st time been in feb and felt chilly my teenage daughter was wearing a wrap some nights where previously had A/C on alnight. Hoping weather has picked up as going again 1st week in april and even if it is forecast for thunder it may only be at night (hopefully)




Hi, me and family are of to Candolim on monday flying with thomas cook 3pm from manchester.



Sooo lokking forward to it but will be disappointed if thunder storms!!

No comments:

Post a Comment