Sunday, April 4, 2010

chandras jewellers

Just like to warn people about this shop. My husband and i bought some rings from chandra in December,we took them too a jewller back home, only to be told they are complete rubbish. Already new that as mine made my finger go black. Just been back to Goa and took the rings back, he made us new ones with better diamonds and gold, but beware the old ones are for sale in his shop.Would never ever use this robber again.



chandras jewellers


Thanks for that. Lucky you got them replaced



chandras jewellers


My wife got a ring from Chandras two years ago. She stated the colour and quality of the diamonds she wanted, there were three larger diamonds and numerous smaller diamonds. They took three attempts to get the ring made correctly.





She had the ring valued in the UK and it was totally slated, the valuer called it amateurish. When we returned to Goa she took the ring back and they agreed to change the diamonds so that they were all the same quality. They did this by substituting poorer diamonds for the three larger stones, instead of putting in better quality small diamonds, as they had promised to do. Next time in Goa Chandra%26#39;s did not want to know. My wife had the ring made in to a necklace at New Era in Candolim, who as always did lovely work.





If you want to be ripped off then Chandras is the place to go.




I agree about Chandra. I had a ring I got from my mum, it had a nice emerald, but I did not like the style. Chandra agreed to make a new ring using my emerald. I was very unhappy with the workmanship, but eventually reluctantly accepted the ring after they reduced the price. When I got home I had the ring checked locally. The jeweller was the same one who had valued the original ring a year earlier. He told me that the emerald in the new ring was not the one that had been in the original ring, and was a very poor example. In addition the ring was so poorly made that the stone was on the verge of dropping out. My husband thinks that that was probably deliberate as then they would not have been found out.



The next time in Goa I went back to Chandra, who denied everything, even though I had the photgraphs and jewellers reports showing that the emeralds were different. I feel so angry as this was the only piece of jewellery I got from my mum when she died, and she loved her emerald. I agree with Goansoon, if you want to be cheated Chandra is the best place to go.




Hi





I had a bad experience last year with a certain jewellers not the one mentioned i did post quite a lengthy topic on them at the time, i went back this year ready to KILL as i was really upset and had corresponded with them on my return last year..





anyway to cut a long story short i had three options to have a full refund but via my visa card!!!



have the ring made differently to my choice!!! or have the difference that it had been valued at back home but again only via my visa card!!





i decided to opt for the 2nd choice to have it re-made but this time a solid band and at there suggestion two extra diamonds and made in white gold there was no extra charge and i must say i am very happy with the ring now i havent had it valued but probebly will, but the feeling that i had been ripped of has gone and to be honest i doubt that they would dare pull at stunt again as they were not expecting two women to actually stand up to them and whilst we were there they lost at least 4 potential customers not by us shouting but by the fact that they knew things were not right so the answer is stand your ground chandras is obviously a very unscrupulous person/s and on this website if they get bad reviews then they hopefully wont be in business long




what%26#39;s the best honest shop to go to buy your gold in candolim??




Coburg





To be honest i wouldnt have a clue!! so many people give out there experiences about good jewellers on this site that i would read back and have a look you will see that mostly the same ones come back time and again but i wouldnt like to recommend one as each person has a different experience i went to ashok jewellers this time just to check out prices as i would have liked a diamond pendant necklace i found whoever served me not interested and unhelpful so needless to say i left without buying that was my experience but others have found them very good i would suggest you take a note of the ones that keep getting recommended and check them all out.





Good Luck





my friend had a beaufiful ring made can%26#39;t remember how diamonds(baquettes) he underestimated how many diamonds she would need and didnt charge her for the difference and i have to say it was lovely can%26#39;t remember his name but he is at the bottom of beach road on the right going down next to a tailors which is his also he has excellent testimonies which i have seen and just so happens know of the people




I use living jewels i%26#39;ve never had a problem with them.




I haven%26#39;t personally had anything made but my aunt goes 2-3 times a year stays in calangute but travels to candolim to buy her jewellry. She uses Ashoka which is in the Magnum resorts shops on the front. If husband gets board theres a bar outside called the Haveli.




Maybe all us travelling to Candolim in the coming weeks should make a point to window shop at Chandras, and mention the several bad reviews on this forum. If he realises there is this network, maybe he will be a little less unscrupulous. Have been using a jeweller in Calangute for the past 6 or 7 years never had a problem. Rings are always at least worth double or 3 or 4 times what i paid




My suggestion would be, is if you have made good friends with local Goan people ask them to go with you to a jewellers shop they would either use or recommend. Although not having bought any jewellery we did have some that needed repairing, a gold ring that had been squashed totally and the stone had fallen out, a gold chain where the clasp had broken and a bracelet where the clasp was loose, which the jewellers repaired and also attached a safety chain to it. Our friends advised us who to go to and the total cost for repairs and cleaning the jewellery,600rupees.

No comments:

Post a Comment