Sunday, April 4, 2010

Anything to do for kids in Candolim!!

Can anyone advise me





i am off to highland beacj on the 24th March- its all very scary when you havent been there before???



can anyone advise me what there is for kids my son is 11 and worry about the safeness out there etc..





can anyone help me out!!





also reviews say travel light-- is it worth taking hardly anything and buying clothes out there?



Anything to do for kids in Candolim!!


Stop worrying. I have been to Candolim a few times with my children who are now 9 and 10. The main things to bear in mind safety wise are the roads (keep them on the inside) and the sea (strong undercurrent in places).



We found lots to do and they were never bored and perfectly safe. The Goans adore children and they really go out of their way to keep them entertained. Most bars/restaurants are child friendly and we never had any problems with the food. There are lots of places I could recommend. PM me if you%26#39;d like more info.



Anything to do for kids in Candolim!!


Just to echo Simmy%26#39;s comments, be careful by the roads and on no account let him go swimming in the sea.



The shore dips very steeply all along the beach at Candolim/Calangute, but especially at Candolim, there is a huge shipwreck, River Princess, just off shore which has affected the currents. I%26#39;ve heard that some people have drowned there.



Maybe its a bit late now, but hepatitus A + B jabs should be recommended.



Avoid the local dogs as there is a risk of rabies.





As for clothes, there are loads of stalls but I did find that there was not much for kids, apart from the odd T-shirt. I made sure I took enough for mine and that includes some long trousers and socks for the evenings, when the mossies are out.





Don%26#39;t worry though!



I%26#39;m sure you son will love it, there%26#39;s not much %26#39;entertainment%26#39; for kids but mine did not get bored once.



Goans are very friendly and family orientated, and if you have kids with you, it%26#39;s a real icebreaker.

No comments:

Post a Comment